- Carbon Dioxide Levels Were Higher in the Past Therefore It Is Alright if They Are Higher In the Present
- More Carbon Dioxide is Good for Plants and Agriculture
- Human Carbon Dioxide Emissions are Small Compared to Natural Emissions
- Carbon Dioxide Levels are too Small to Have an Effect on the Climate
- Volcanoes Emit More Carbon Dioxide than Humans
- There is no Consensus Among Scientists on Global Warming
- It Is Only A 1.4 Degree Increase
- It’s the Urban Heat Island Effect that Contributes to Global Warming
- The Sun is Responsible for Global Warming
- Mars and Other Planets are Warming Up
- The Climate Has Always Been Changing
- An Ice Age was Predicted in the 1970s
- It is Colder During the Winter in the United States and Elsewhere
- So What if the Arctic Sea Ice Melts?
- Cold Weather Kills More People than Hot Weather
- The Email ‘Scandal’: The “trick” to Hide the Meaning of the Word Trick
- The Email ‘Scandal’: The Missing Warmth
- Scientists are Faking Global Warming Because of the Money They Make from Government
- 32,000 Scientists, 9,000 with PhDs, do not Believe in Global Warming
- Those who Believe in Global Warming Changed the Phrase to “Climate Change” in Order to Deceive the Public
- Believing in Global Warming Goes Against the Bible
- Global Warming is a Socialist Conspiracy
Skeptics, when they are not claiming that the Arctic Sea ice is growing or staying the same ignore the implications of its disappearance by saying “So what if it melts?”
There are two reasons why it’s important, the first being less important than the second:
First, it is a clear indication that the earth is indeed warming.
Second, and most important, an ice-free Arctic will drastically alter the weather in the northern hemisphere where the majority of people live. To understand how the weather will be changed we need to know how the ice currently affects it and what would happen without it.
Yes, there is consensus among scientists no matter what Skeptics claim.
About 93% or more of individual scientists* agree that there is global warming and that we are the cause of it.
When Skeptics debate that, they refer to meteorologists and atmospheric scientists who, according to misinterpretation of some sources, are equally divided in their opinion that there is global warming and that it is caused by man. However, in a paper by the American Meteorologist Association, Meteorologists’ Views About Global Warming – A Survey of American Meteorological Society Professional Members we read that:
Climate science experts who publish mostly on climate change and climate scientists who publish mostly on other topics were the two groups most likely to be convinced that humans have contributed to global warming, with 93%* of each group indicating their concurrence. – Page 1033
Carbon Dioxide Levels Were Higher in the Past Therefore It Is Allright if They Are Higher In the Present
Skeptics like to point out that Carbon Dioxide (CO2) levels were much higher in the past and therefore such large amounts would have little consequence in the present. Some even say that it will improve our environment.
In order to understand how CO2 levels affected us in the past, we need to understand the difference between the recent past, the ancient past and the deep past. The recent past is thousands to hundreds of thousands of years ago. The ancient past is millions to tens of millions of years ago and the deep past is hundreds of millions of years ago.
The further back in time we go the more different the earth becomes with CO2 levels having different impacts on its climate.
The Urban Heat Island Effect (UHIE) is a phenomenon in which the concentration of structures and waste heat from human activity (mostly air conditioners and automobiles) results in slightly warmer air over cities and suburban areas when compared to surrounding rural areas. It has been suggested that UHIE has significantly influenced temperature records over the 20th century when there was rapid growth of urban environments. This, some Skeptics claim, is the reason for global warming.
Skeptics often times say that Mars and other planets are warming and that somehow explains why the Earth is warming. They suggest that humans cannot be the cause of global warming since we are not on those other planets.
However, other planets have radically different atmospheres and climates than ours and they get warmer and cooler for reasons that are not related to anything that is happening on Earth.